HEALTH, FITNESS, NUTRITION AND RESTAURANT REVIEWS.

Friday 12 June 2015

Mount Purious- Body Hemp oil

A couple of weeks ago I went to the NE Vegan Festival at the Stadium of Light. Full of food and beauty stalls this is my idea of heaven. As I start my journey into Veganism I need to surround myself with as much information and awareness as possible. My reasons for becoming a Vegan are mainly health based after reading various books, journals, and watching documentaries I decided to make the switch. I don't feel deprived at all and Ive really never felt better. The ability to create dishes and try foods I've never heard of is one of my favourite hobbies, so I'm thoroughly enjoying becoming a Vegan.


One of the many stalls at the Vegan Fest were Mount Purious, a North East Organic Skincare company. All of their oils are 100% Pure and Certified, no GMO's, pesticides, insecticides are used and they are certified to COSMOS (Organic standard by the UK Soil Association). All vegan, cruelty free, unfiltered, unadulterated and truly raw.

This is just what I've been looking for, I put so much effort and thought into the food I eat, shouldn't I be doing this for what I put on my skin too? Chemicals are literally everywhere, I recommend every I know to read the book Clean by Dr. Alejandro Junger, it tell us about the toxins that surrounds us every single second of the day from the toothpaste we use, to the plastic cup we drink out of, the cleaning products we use and the western medicine prescribed to us.

Mount Purious range includes Argan Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Hemp Oil, Jojoba Oil, Rosehip Oil and loads more that I want to try! And since it's a North East company and I love helping local companies I will definitely be trying the different products.

I went for the Hemp Oil, as I was told by the guy running the stall ( Im pretty sure he was the owner) that Hemp Oil is great for dry skin, eczema and psoriasis. Since I've had eczema as a kid Ive always struggled to get rid of it so this all natural wonder product was perfect for me.

The Hemp Oil contains high levels of essential fatty acids, omega 3's and omega 6's and amino acids which our bodies need but struggle to product naturally, so we have to source it from elsewhere e.g food. The product is Hemp Oil and that is it. No added chemicals, or other oils or any other ingredients, just purely hemp oil bottled up.

The Oil is lovely, it doesn't smell like a Jo Malone shop.... but I didn't want it to, the oil smells earthy and of Hemp (shockingly)! I use Hemp a lot in the food I eat so I knew what sort of smell to expect.  I would of been really disappointed with the natural hemp oil if it was covered with fake smelling chemicals. It does leave the body greasy to begin with but after about 5-10mins it sinks in and makes the skin feel wonderful and smooth.  I did ask people if they could smell it on me and they said no, so don't panic and think you'll be smelling like a grass field. After using it for 2 weeks my Eczema has compltely cleared up! No western medicine used at all, and all provided by nature. This is music to my ears and just what Ive been looking for....thank you to the guy who recommended it to me!!

Stace x
Share:

2 comments

  1. I tried out the Mount Purious- Body Hemp oil because of the many hemp benefits. I've got to click here and learn more through there about this whole thing. It was just simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really impressed after read this because of some quality work and informative thoughts . I just wanna say thanks for the writer and wish you all the best for coming!. see here

    ReplyDelete

© Stacey's Say | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig