HEALTH, FITNESS, NUTRITION AND RESTAURANT REVIEWS.

Wednesday 3 June 2015

Banana Split Breakfast

I've never ever liked banana splits. Loaded with sugary ice cream, whipped cream out of a can and dripping in chemical laden syrups just doesn't appeal to me.
This however is like a dessert for breakfast, except there are no artificial nasties and it's not loaded with proccessed sugars! This breakfast wonder is full of energy, nutrients, good fats and essential vitamins and minerals.

I made this up last week when I didn't know what to have for breakfast and thought I'd be a bit creative! Its fun, easy, and quick and I'm sure it would appeal to a lot of children (or child minded people like me) so if you're struggling to feed the little one fruit try this! I've used a selection of toppings and I've also mixed coconut and cinnamon together,  I really wasn't sure how it would turn out but the concoction is amazing and I'll definitely be trying to use these two ingredients together in more recipes.


Serves one

  • 1 Banana (split length ways)
  • 30g porridge
  • 250ml of soya/nut milk
  • 1 tablespoon tahini 
  • 1 tablespoon agarve syrup
  • 1 tablespoon coconut 
  • For the toppings sprinkle over pumpkin seeds, slivered almonds, cinnamon, or anything else you like. 
  • Handful of grapes (strawberries would work well)

Directions
Place the porridge and milk in a pan and simmer for 5mins until it turns thick, then turn off the heat. 
Split the banana length ways and place in the middle of a shallow bowl (too deep and it will snap). Using a tablespoon carefully pour the porridge in the middle of the banana in a neat line, then add the tahini and agave syrup on top (trying to be as neat as possible). Next sprinkle on the coconut and cinnamon, then add which ever toppings you like! Place the halved grapes down the side. 


Love Stace x 




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Stacey's Say | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig