HEALTH, FITNESS, NUTRITION AND RESTAURANT REVIEWS.

Saturday 27 June 2015

Joe and The Juice Review

This week saw the opening of Joe and The Juice Newcastle, which first opened up in Denmark and their Juice revolution quickly took over other Scandinavian countries such as Sweden, Switzerland, Norway. These countries are a little ahead of Britain in terms of they look after their health and wellbeing far more then us Brits! We are catching up.....slowly.




Me and my friend are really into health and fitness, we both work in the industry so this was the perfect place for us to have a catch up. The staff were helpful, but the only menu to look at was the huge one behind the till, which I found a bit daunting and I felt a little under pressure by 3 members of staff staring at me to make a decision. I said to one of the staff "ah I bet you get this all the time with people not being able to make decisions" He said "No not really"...Just me then...awkward. Because the menu is so big, and there's so much choice I was a bit overwhelmed and it was hard to make a decision, so I would of preferred it if there were a few menus dotted around on the tables. If you are going, have in mind what you would like.  The decor is dark, Brooklyn NYC type,  really stylish but you can hardly see the colour of your drink which doesn't help, but it is a very relaxed chilled out vibe and is perfect for getting away from the busy bodies.  I apologise for the lack of picture quality but it is dark...think Hollister dark.




I love a green juice and went for the Bodyguard - Cucumber, Kale, Broccoli, Spinach and Apple. My friend had the Joe's Roots - Beetroot, Carrot and Ginger. Both were really lovely! They do Salads, Sandwiches, and Coffees too. All freshly prepared there and then, no pre packaged, artificial ingredients that I could see. My only criticism on their products was that they didn't have many protein choices, so a lot of their juices are high in sugar and carbohydrates, and when I asked if they had any vegetable protein powders to add to my drink, the only option was a chocolate one, I can't imagine that would taste very nice in a green juice. All they need to do is add some more vegetable protein powder options and it would be perfect. 






This place is suitable for all dietary requirements, they cater for intolerances and allergies, vegans and  vegetarians. A little odd on the location (placed in the women's section of John Lewis), I can imagine this place really taking off on a student campus or on the high street, I hope they advertise a lot so people find out about it. Saying all of that I would definitely go back and I'll be recommending people to try it out.


Stace x


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Stacey's Say | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig