HEALTH, FITNESS, NUTRITION AND RESTAURANT REVIEWS.

Wednesday 29 July 2015

Raw Blueberry & Lavender Cheesecake (Vegan & Gluten Free)

Birthdays.....mainly consist of cake right? My Mam is the ultimate cake maker...I dont care what anyone else says, hers are the best and I mostly get excited about family birthdays because I know I'm going to eat cake. No they are not vegan, healthy, clean, paleo, gluten free, dairy free or remotely good for you. But every once in a while won't hurt, you HAVE TO LIVE. We can't be eating kale, quinoa and avocados 100% of the time...I would go mad.


Mother Smith was actually a baker in her 20's so she makes everything from scratch such as pastries, cakes and breads and she's very good at sabotaging a diet! When I was younger she made novelty cakes, such as princess, clown, teddy bears and all sorts! Now we are older and allegedly more mature she goes for various chocolate cakes, and my god they are unbelievable...think of Bruce Bogtrotter in Matilda.

But what happens if you dont actually want a piece of homemade chocolate cake (which is rare). Upon my vegan journey my taste buds are changing, and I found myself wanting to make a more healthier natural cake then just a normal birthday cake.

So here we go, a Raw Blueberry & Lavender Vegan Gluten Free Cheesecake, made for a birthday and perfect for summer.

Ive just started to grow Lavender in the garden so I've been waiting for an excuse to use it in cooking!


Its creamy, hits the sugar craving spot and leaves you satisfied.



Ingredients 

Crust

1/2 cup dates
1/2 cup almonds
Pinch of salt

Filling

3/4 cup cashews (soaked for at least 2 hours)
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1/3 full fat coconut milk
1/4 cup blueberries
3 tablespoons of fresh lavender
2 tablespoons maple syrup

Method

For the base put the almonds in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped, add the dates and salt, pulse again until a thick paste forms.

Press the mixture into the base of a tray (5 inch) make sure the mixture covers very evenly and use greaseproof paper. Then pop into the freezer while you make the filling.

For the filling put of all the ingredients into the food processor and mix for a few minutes until a smooth creamy mixture forms. Pour the mixture into the tray on top of the base and then freeze again.

Freeze for 4 hours, then remove and leave to thaw out a little this can take 10-15mins

Top with fresh lavender, blueberries, edible flowers and coconut.






Stace x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Stacey's Say | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig