HEALTH, FITNESS, NUTRITION AND RESTAURANT REVIEWS.

Friday 31 July 2015

Jawbone Fitness Tracker Review



Today is a short and sweet one. Not loads of in-depth analysis to do on this product.

Fitness trackers are all the rage at the moment. From counting steps, sleep analysis and counting calorie expenditure. Its a statisticians dream! After a few PT Clients were raving about them I decided to test one out myself.

10,000 is the number of steps everyone should be doing every single day. Now Im always in the gym and doing various bits and bobs but walking 10,000 steps a day is probably a struggle for me on a non running day, so I thought this would be good motivation for me... Ive wanted to get out of my normal routine and walk more for ages! I always walk alot on holidays so why not at home?

The Jawbone fitness tracker is a slimline black band and doesn't look to bulky on the wrist...which some other brands do. Huge bonus for the fashionistas out there!

The tracker I found was very accurate, it was fantastic motivation and I had it set to a timer so if I had been sitting for 30mins it would vibrate to let me know. It prompts you to move more! I found this definitely helped me, and made me more active then normal.

Theres a little button on the band which you can switch into sleep mode or active mode. But the sleep analysis I found was really inaccurate though. It would say I was in a deep sleep when I definitely wasn't, It would say I was awake when I thought I had been asleep! Very inconsistent and I wouldn't read into the sleep analysis feature at all.



I never read too much into 'calorie counting'  anyway, there are so many factors that come into how many calories you burn when at rest/exercising/sleeping so telling me I've burned 1000kcal today will probably be inaccurate. I also found updating the data onto my phone a little bit of a hassle and it was very slow.



Spending £80.00 on a fitness tracker is a bit much...it's a glorified pedometer really and you can get them in Boots for a fiver.

Good for beginners but looking forward to trying a higher tech one.

Share:

5 comments

  1. Ahh damn I was looking at this one I won't be buying ot then what a shame xx
    Www.dream1ncolour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aimee, honestly you would be wasting your money! x

      Delete
  2. This is so much better looking than my Fitbit!
    Here's my Fitbit review if you're interested:
    http://nicspirational.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/the-fitbit-is-it-overrated.html
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  3. which one would you recommend the most?

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice article about jawbone.. know how does jawbone fitness works and more

    ReplyDelete

© Stacey's Say | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig