HEALTH, FITNESS, NUTRITION AND RESTAURANT REVIEWS.

Monday 20 July 2015

My Bargain Daytime Make Up Overhaul - NYX, REVOLUTION, RIMMEL, Real TECHniques, Maxfactor

No I wouldn't class myself as a Beauty Blogger, theres plenty of professionals out there with their  £1000 cameras to take ultra HD pics with...but saying that I am a girly girl and I can't be in lycra and tracksuits all the time! So thought I'd share with you what make up I do use when not running around wearing sports kit and training.

Recently I bought a few bits and bobs to update my makeup. I still have my firm favourites with high end brands such as MAC, CHANEL, Urban Decay, Benefit, Smashbox, Bobbi Brown and YSL but these are products I wear for evenings out or special occasions. I don't want to wear this stuff everyday and I seriously needed some 'day' makeup.

I purchased some NYX Makeup, REVOLUTION Eyeshadow Palettes, RIMMEL MATCH Perfection Foundation, Real TECHniques Makeup Brushes and Maxfactor Flipstick Colour Effect.




NYX:

  • Eyeshadow Base in White
  • Above & Beyond Full Coverage Concealer
  • Dark Circle Concealer
  • Matt Finishing Powder
  • HD Studio Finishing Powder
  • HD Studio Concealer Wand
  • Matt Finish Spray


My firm favourites by far were all the concealers, they are fantastic and rival high end brands. With full coverage without the cakey look, they did really conceal little flaws and cover my dark circles. Something I've suffered from for years, and struggled to find a concealer good enough to cover the bags so now these products will remain in my daytime make up bag forever!

The Eyeshadow base was ok, it did crease a little and made it a bit harder to blend various eyeshadow colours together. So this could do with a bit of improving, I was hoping that the white base would make colours pop out with vibrance, but can't say I noticed any difference.

Both the powders were okay, a little cheap smelling (if you know what I mean) they did give me a matt finish but after a few hours left my makeup a little cracked and dry. Maybe thats just my skin?

Would be great to see what other people thought of it.


Another favourite though was the Matt Finishing Spray, this is great for sweaty betties or people who suffer with oily skin. I sprayed mine on after I finished all my makeup and buffed it in slightly. This made my makeup stay put but also made my makeup matt for the rest of the day. Loved it! Really impressed with this new brand so I want to try other products by them for sure.



Rimmel Foundation 

Im a little bit of snob when it comes to foundation, Ive had such bad experiences with cheaper brands. From drying my skin out and cracking, to not lasting even 2 hours, blotchy patches and oily sticky skin has made me only wear high end products as the cheaper ones just haven't been good enough.



But for the first time I have found a foundation bargain which makes my skin look 100% better. With a SPF 18 this gives the skin a little protection and also gave me a dewy look so I looked wide awake and fresh. The coverage is great, and I didn't even have to wear concealer. I bought 100 Ivory...I'm so pale! (I blame that on the sun never shining in Newcastle.) Normally I struggle with pale foundations and I always end up with an embarrassing orange line... very TRASHY! But thankfully this foundation didn't and will remain in my daytime makeup bag.

REVOLUTION Eyeshadow Palettes



These are available in Superdrug, and have a whole section of different types of eyeshadow palettes....heaven! I bought the Redemption Romantic Smoked and the Redemption Iconic 2.


With Romantic Smoked having hints of olive, nudes and purples, I loved the colour combinations you can create with this palette. The Redemption Iconic 2 is like a cheaper version of Urban Decay NAKED palettes (which are my ultimate favourites for an evening look) the golds, bronzes, metallics and smokey colours are beautiful and will look extremely complimentary to most skin tones.
I would say they definitely have a fantastic range with good products but isn't exactly on par with the Urban Decay palettes. The colours don't have a strong enough pigment for me, I love eyeshadow colours to pop out, which the NAKED palettes do, and I found I had to really build the product up to where I wanted with these. Obviously these are ALOT cheaper then Urban Decay and I would recommend them to anyone on a budget or who wants to experiment with their eyeshadow colours. Good for day time wear for me and for £4.00 each you can't go wrong!





Real TECHniques Brush Set

Wanted these for ages as my Sister raves about them all the time. The makeup brushes that I use are MAC, Bobbi Brown and BareMinerals...all amazing, so these have alot to live up to.
Theres 4 brushes in this pack, Foundation, Contour, Concealer and Buffing brush which comes with a handy pouch to protect them.




The Concealer brush was great, very accurate and able to manoeuvre the concealer into places my fingers can't get to, great for using if you've made a make up error!

The Foundation brush wasn't great....it ate up my foundation and I had to use triple to what I usually wear so I ended up finishing my foundation off with my fingers.

Contour brush was FAB. Loved this and was able to buff and blend my contouring for a professional HD finish. It takes a lot less effort then a blending sponge and I felt I had more control over the products.

Buffer brush was great for finishing off my look with setting powder, really liked this one too, but not as much as my BareMinerals Buffing brush...nothing will beat that.

Great products and again a little cheaper quality though, so would recommend to everyone who sees spending £25 on a make up brush ridiculous....which lets be honest...it is! So apart from the foundation brush these will defiantly be staying in my day time makeup bag.

Maxfactor Flipstick Colour Effect







With double ended colours these are perfect for taking away on holidays! I bought the Salsa Red 25 and the Folky Pink 10. In the pictures here I've put them onto my hands so you can see the colours (no filters used)



Salsa Red has a lovely Mid Red/Pink at one end and a Coral/Pink at the other.





Folky Pink has a glittery Peach and a deep Pink at the other.



Both really lovely and are fantastic for saving space in your makeup bag. The coral from Salsa Red is my favourite, it's such a pretty colour and really suites my skin tone. Unfortunately they dried my lips out though, so I needed to wear a balm underneath to keep them hydrated. The pigment is quite strong so I didn't have to use loads of it....a bonus! I will definitely will be taking these with me on holiday.




So after some searching I eventually found some firm favourites for daytime makeup looks, let me know if you've found any other brands which are perfect for day wear too!


Stace x


Share:

1 comment

© Stacey's Say | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig