HEALTH, FITNESS, NUTRITION AND RESTAURANT REVIEWS.

Friday 29 May 2015

Protein World, Slender Blend Review


The Protein World has become a very popular brand, with celebrity endorsements, promises from them that you will lose weight, look better then ever and hitting the headlines (for the wrong reasons...but hey they say any news is good news).

My twitter feed became bombarded with Protein World, and particularly their Slender Blend range. People......mostly females were claiming they had "lost 4-5 pounds in a week".... "a stone in 3".... "had never looked better".... "wouldn't know what I'd do without this".... hashtag this hashtag that.


I'm always sceptical on meal replacement diets especially celebrity endorsed ones. They tend to turn out to be a con and normally consist of a chemical bomb ingredients list....and then over time it turns out the celebrities themselves have been training for a year with a Private PT costing the same as small Hyundai car, have been living on celery, chicken breast and air and their PR team are trying to up their clients celebrity status, so  they are also bringing out a fitness DVD. YAWN! But with the constant tweets popping up on my feed, from everyday ordinary people I thought I'd give it a go.

What particularly attracted me to the product was that they don't use any GMO's (genetically modified organisms) they don't use aspartame, its 100% natural flavourings, no artificial colourings, its also suitable for vegetarians, diabetics and its gluten free. The ingredients list wasn't too overwhelming, Im one of these people who analyses the backs of packets, and if the ingredients list is a bit too long for my liking, or there is even one ingredient which I don't agree with I won't consume it. The full ingredients list of this product is at the bottom of this page. Personally my diet is very clean, I would say now I'm finished Protein World I'm 95% Vegan (its just the odd occasion when I struggle in a restaurant) with everything coming from plant based sources I very rarely eat things from a packet now. Protein World unfortunately isn't suited for Vegans because it contains whey protein concentrate from milk. My reasons for switching to Veganism will come in another post, but just to let you know its not for weight loss reasons.


Oh and FYI  the model pictured in the controversial advert with the heading ' ARE YOU BEACH BODY READY' ...... which have now been pulled down by the Advertising Standards Authority, is a strict VEGAN (Renee Somerfield), so she wouldn't of used the product herself.


I decided to go for the chocolate flavour, after all a chocolate shake which helps you lose weight?! Bring it on!! How can this be a diet? Aren't they meant to be filled with torture? With belly aches from starvation, and constant day dreams about sandwiches, ice cream, and curly fries?....
Well actually to my surprise I found I didn't have any of these feelings!


You can buy their Slender Blend range for £62.00, with the 1kg Protein Shake, Slender Blend weight loss tablets and the multi vitamin tablets all from the website. I decided just to buy the protein powder on its own for £32.00, I don't agree with taking supplements or weight loss pills.

I went for normal delivery, but it arrived the next day so their service is brilliant. It came in bright yellow packaging, with recipes, a meal planner guide inside and some fitness tips.  They recommend 2 meal replacement shakes a day with healthy snacks in between. I replaced my breakfast and lunch, as I have to have a meal in the evening. Some of the shake recipes are really nice, in particular I liked the chocolate protein shake made with unsweetened almond milk and blueberries (pictured above). The powder mixed really well, unlike some protein shakes which are a bit gritty and have powder floating at the top, it also tasted really nice, Ive had some awful chocolate protein shakes and this was the nicest I've tried. Apparently the vanilla is delicious! The shakes filled me up all day, and I rarely had a snack in-between. Which is really odd for me, I've tried a juice diet before and I was crippled with hunger pains, was hangry all the time (hungry + angry) and felt like I was really deprived but I didn't experience this with Slender Blend. In the evening I would have a healthy meal, recommended by Protein World themselves and my regular fitness regime is 5-6 workouts a week with a range of different training sessions. I really stuck to the diet for 4 weeks, but unfortunately I didn't get the results I was hoping for after all the hype on Twitter. I lost 2 pounds in the first week, non in the 2nd, 2 more pounds in the 3rd week and non in the last. So overall 4 pounds in a month..... not the WOW results I was promised and hoping for....and you can get the same results from eating 3 meals a day, just being a bit healthier.

I'm glad I tried it, but I won't be trying a meal replacement diet again, the results I got weren't the best, and I like to have a lot of variety in my diet, with all my nutrients coming from food. I would recommend it to other people, just because they are really nice tasting, not full of chemicals, filling and you can use them as a recovery shake after hard training sessions, not just for meal replacements.


Ingredients list

Chocolate: Whey Protein Concentrate (95%), Protein World thermogenic blend: Guarana extract (22% caffeine) & Green Tea Extract (40% polyphenols), Protein World Multi Vit/Mineral blend (1%), Cocoa Powder (alkalized), Natural Flavourings (3%), Sweeteners; Sucralose.


www.proteinworld.com


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14115169/?claim=m7h59degdrk">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>









Share:

10 comments

  1. I use this Proteinmix this in with my afternoon smoothie and it helps curb my appetite so I don't over eat before dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Thanks for your great post, there are much nice information that I am sure a huge number of guys and gals don’t know.
    Sierrasil Winnipeg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Stacey, as you state that you are a nutritionist,how can you say not chemicals when they use Sucralose? Elenka

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi you should try the Daniel plan it really works the first week I lost 6 pounds and I have a total of 40days just by eating fruits and veggies!
    It's worth it! No caffeine, sugar, artificial flavor/sweeteners, chemicals, dairy, gluten, trans fat, high fructose, preservatives or msg. Danielplan.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can look at my blog to see nutritional facts of fat free, and low fat food with protein at grocery stores.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried it! After one week from the start day each time I had to take the slender it made me vomiting. Vanilla flavour seemed good at the beginning but than it was really vomiting! It's impossible take it for over a month

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I read your article. I found it very informative and impressive. Thank you, for sharing your experience. I was in a search of something like this. It was quite helpful for me. Keep going. Nice work done.
    vega smoothie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found it when I was looking for a different sort of information but I am very interested in the article, It is nice to read such kind of good posts I like your work keep it up!vega protein smoothie

    ReplyDelete
  9. abs diet for vegetarian Thank you, for sharing your experience.But It's impossible take it for over a month

    ReplyDelete

© Stacey's Say | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig